Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Don't Faint - I Trained

It's only been a week since my last training session. Sheesh!

Mini-Circuit #1 - 4 Rounds
Mountain Climbers - 60
Swings - 24 kg - 20 reps
Rest 20 seconds
RPE - 6

Mini-Circuit #2 - 4 Rounds
Burpees - 12
High Pulls - 12 kg - 12 L, R
Rest 20 seconds
RPE - 6

TGUs - 16 kg - 5 x 2 L, R
RPE - 6

I was scheduled to do heavier loads than this, but obviously, I wasn't going to be able to do that after being sick so long. The mini-circuits went quite well. When I got to the TGUs, I had to eliminate a rep from each set. (I was supposed to do 5 x 3.) I was pretty drained, but I made myself keep going and only allowed myself a minute of rest between sets.

It felt great to be back at it. I don't think I lost too terribly much strength. Now I need the strength to finish grading papers and essay exams. I only have 1.5 days to complete it all and submit final grades. The joys of being a writing professor. :)

No comments: