Thursday, December 24, 2009

White Christmas Work Out

We've received about 5 inches of snow so far in NW Iowa with 10-12 inches more predicted by Saturday. Love it! Only because I don't have to travel in it. I wish everyone could be at their holiday destinations safely.

Mini Circuit #1 - 5 Rounds
Mountain Climbers - 60 reps
Swings - 24 kg (53 lbs.) - 20 reps
20 seconds rest
RPE - 5 (Good warm up.)

Mini Circuit #2 - 5 Rounds
Burpees - 12 reps
High Pulls - 12 kgs - 12 L, R
20 seconds rest
RPE - 6

TGUs - 12 kg - 5 x 4 L, R
RPE - 7

I dubbed the TGUs the "Turkey Get Ups" in honor of the wild turkey my brother shot on his land and brought home for lunch today. Yummy! Oh, and my mom made lima bean/broccoli bake. My dad and I LOVE that.

I did my biofeedback testing before each drill and during to make sure it was okay w/ my body to keep going. I got the best response from the TGUs, even though that last rep jacked my hips. I'd test and felt great.

I also did my new Z for my hips. This is the first time I've really felt movement in the hip joint, way up in the heart of the joint.

My coffee is done brewing. I'm going to grab a cup, hit the shower, and then walk down the block to my parents house for the first of my Christmas gatherings. Merry Christmas everyone! Thank you for the gift of your friendship and support!

1 comment:

John Roberts said...

Thanks for eating your veggies Amy. Merry Christmas to you and yours!