Monday, April 26, 2010

Words to Live By

Sense. Act. Grow. Repeat.

That's the title of the latest blogpost at The Movement. These words describe the trajectory of my journey. I am learning to perceive my body's feedback, act according to that feedback, learn from that action's results, and do that process again. With everything.

This process makes me better than I was yesterday.

I am learning to let go of my need to plan and control and to instead listen to what my body is telling me is the best thing for me. For example, last night when I updated my blog, I thought I would get up Monday morning and be rejuvinated and ready for a big training session. When I did get up today, I felt rested and intended to train.

Guess what? That never happened. I sensed from my body's signals that I needed more rest. I spent most of the day in stillness, calming and resting my mind and body. It is now 6 o'clock and I am coming out my quiet haze and rejoining life. Had I gone and trained, I would have been very frustrated and probably even hurt myself.

I PRd today on body signal perception. It feels amazing to do the right thing for me.

No comments: