Thursday, May 20, 2010

I Can't Tell You Why

Note: The following paragraph should be sung to the tune of "I Can't Tell You Why."

Every time I test my workout drills
Something tests well that surprises me.
I can't tell you why.
No, I can't tell you why.

Today (Wednesday), waiter plate presses tested well. They just tested well Monday. Why would they test well again so soon? I can't tell you why. I just went with it. Of course, I set a PR.

Plate Press - 25 lbs - 10 min.
Left - 36 reps
Right - 49 reps
-That's a volume PR and a density PR. (I increased my overall reps, and I did more reps per set than I did on Monday.)

One Arm, One Leg DL - 24 kg (53 lbs) - 10 min.
Left - 43 reps
Right - 43 reps
-This set a baseline for me. I haven't done these for months. I could tell. My glutes had amnesia!

No comments: