Saturday, May 1, 2010

Power of Prediction

My powers of prediction are getting more fine tuned. I tested two drills that I predicted would test well and they did. From there, I tested physics variations and then the weight to use. I put together the perfect training for me on Friday.

Press - 12 kg - 12 minutes
Left - 52 reps
Right - 60 reps
-2912 lbs. in 12 min.
*PR from April 21 when I did 41 and 56 reps.*
-I tested post set and found I had predicted accurately when to end each set. I also PRed in movement w/ my presses.

Swings - 32 kg - 10 minutes
182 reps = 12,740 lbs. moved in 10 min.
-Not a volume PR, but I now realize that previously I had been going two-three reps beyond what I should for each set. I also hadn't tested the weight in my past swing sessions. As a result, I did PR in prediction.

I also practiced several life movements Friday. I did some falling patterns and rolling. I did handstands and sommersaults, which made me dizzy. I never thought that would happen to me. Good thing I'm working on these!

I also did a bunch of egg rolls. I don't know how to describe what those are. You sit with the soles of your feet touching and your hands pushing your feet together. Then you roll to the side and then onto your back and then back to a sitting position. I just rolled all over the TKD room. That was fun.

I also threw in a drill where you put your hands down on the floor, bend your elbows, and prop your knees on your elbows and hold that. Does anyone know what that's called?

Practicing those life movements was a lot of fun. I'm definitely going to do those more regularly. I felt young and agile. I can't wait to get better at each one.

No comments: