Sunday, April 6, 2008

Crazy Good Weekend

From Friday until Sunday I have been running like a crazy person. I don't know if I can even remember what I ate this weekend. Let's see........

Saturday
Advocare Shake
12 almonds
2 hard-boiled eggs
5 baby carrots
4 celery sticks
1 piece fish

I was planning on a veggie day as well as a day to prepare some of Tracy's dips for the week ahead. Well, I ended up taking my Harley out for a serious ride. By the time I got home, I had to clean up and head out. I had a long night of volunteering at the country club helping out with the dinner theater we put on. (I did the same on Friday.) It was midnight before I got home.

Then up this morning early and off to church. Back home at 11:30. Start laundry. Clean out kids' closets. (Why can't they stay the same size for more than a month?) Then I caught up on the John Adams mini-series on HBO. I TiVoed the first three episodes Friday night. I gotta tell you, this is a fantastic show. Talk about bringing history alive. I'm loving it!

I made it to a grocery store and picked up carrots, celery, free range eggs, mayo, oranges, broccoli, cauliflower, limes, yams, and organic milk. This store didn't have any plain yogurt, so I'll have to wait to make the garlic lime dip. :(

However, I did get my egg salad made and all the veggies cut up and in containers. My laundry is just about done (20 minutes to the final buzzer). I'm finally able to think about what I ate today. Let's see. I know I had my Advocare shake and black tea. I know I passed on the muffins my mother brought over. (Yay me!) Jerry fried some eggs and then I had a salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, and turkey. Oh yeah, and a glass of organic veggie juice. I also snacked on some veggies while I cut them up. The weird thing is I didn't feel hungry at all today. Sup with that?

When I look back at the weekend, I can say that through all of the craziness, I accomplished some things and got a chance to relax. What more could I ask for?

No comments: