Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Top Notch Tuesday

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday I felt weak. Today I am strong. I plowed through my 6 rounds of the following:

10 Burpees
10 ATG Squats
8 Pushups
40 Mountain Climbers
8 Inverted Rows

6 rounds, 30 seconds rest between rounds.

Another student (powerline program) joined me on round 4. He did one round and called it quits. That made me feel validated. Here's this pretty muscular 20 year old who is winded after one round. He's even an athlete. My training was too much. I guess I'm stronger than I look! He had a great attitude about it though. He admitted to being tired and said he was impressed by my condition. I wonder how many more students will try to keep up with me. I have about one/week. I keep hoping one will come back for a second try, and a third, and so on, and so on until I have a convert to old school style training. Hey! A girl can dream, can't she?

I am most pleased with my pushups. Never before have I done so many military style pushups. I did 6, sometimes 7. HUGE improvement for me. Just a week ago I could only do four, and not consistently through all 6 rounds. WTH??? I don't know what it is, but I'm liking it.

No comments: