Friday, December 10, 2010

Oh What a Relief It Is

I've had a nagging ache in my mid-back for several weeks. I'm working my way through several movement options to find what alleviates it. I've been plate pressing in a split stance with my torso rotated. That has made it better, but it hasn't eliminated it.

Mike T Nelson suggested I arch my back when pressing. That's what I did today. Presses tested well, so I tested various positions. I'll be danged if arching my back while in a split stance didn't test the best. Plate press tested better than KB. I also had to turn my head while pressing to eliminate tension from my neck. I tested for speed, and wound up with a slower pace than I've been using the past few weeks.

Plate Press - 25 lbs. - 10 min.
Left - 30 reps
Right - 35 reps
Movement PR - no tension in my mid-back.

Dbl KB Swings - 48 kgs (106 lbs.) - 9 min. 30 secs
200 reps = 21,200 lbs. - 2232 lbs./min.
Density & Volume PR - Last time I did 195 in 10 min.

I finished with TRX rows. Those felt amazing! They really allowed me to open up my chest in the top of the row. I did 50 of those in 5 min. I'm having fun with the TRX!

Tomorrow I get to spend my afternoon in a meeting. Yippee!! We're supposed to get hit with a blizzard, so it's a good thing I decided to call in to the meeting instead of driving 4 hours to it. Maybe I'll get Christmas cookies made and presents wrapped.

Now THAT would be a relief!

No comments: