Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Training Log - Tues. Feb. 19

It was back to old school on Tuesday! My husband teases me that I should just attend a P.E. class and do the same things. I think doing burpees and grasshoppers makes me feel young again. It's all perspective, right?

Here was my circuit.
5 times through w/ 30 seconds between rounds

10 Burpees (no pushup or jump)
10 Squats
8 Pushups
40 Mountain Climbers (grasshoppers)
8 inverted rows (on a bar)

I was actually able to do 1/2 of the pushups military style! That's an improvement for me.

Z Update
I feel better every day. I keep doing my Rx and I keep thinking happy thoughts - a white sand beach surrounded by a deep blue ocean (think the closing scene of The Shawshank Redemption), cruising down a quiet highway on my Harley, sitting around a fire with friends.

It's working. I am 90% pain free today. I'm listening to my body. I'm practicing my Z and testing each drill. The testing slows me down so I really tune in rather than just move on to the next drill. The testing quiets my spirit and prepares me for the next drill.

I wish everyone could experience the benefits of Z Health. When I try to explain Z to others I am reminded of the quote by Helen Keller - "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart." That is the essence of Z only I would say "must be felt with the heart, body, and mind."

No comments: