Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday on Sunday

Another crazy week ahead, so I had to do some training on Sunday. My body didn't know what to think! I had fun, though.

Bent Press - 24 kg - 7 x 1 L, R
-These were smooth and strong. I reduced the amount of time between sets. I'm trying to work harder so I can grow stronger.
PRE - 7

Long Push Press - 20 kg - 3 x 5 L, R
-Finally! I did 3 sets of long push presses. I knew I had it in me! This is the first time I've done all the sets. I usually switch to regular push presses after one set. (Long push presses have a squat before the push press.)
PRE - 8

Pull-ups - Purple Band - 4 x 2
-I used a narrow bar for these. The bar I usually use is thicker with foam wraps. I wanted to mix it up and use my grip differently, so I used a regular 45 lb. bar.
-Black band wasn't happening. WTH??? Purple was even tough.

Suitcase Deadlifts - 95 lbs. - 2 x 3 L, R
-On the right, these are not an issue. On the left, I struggle to hold the bar. I may have to forego these for awhile and work my grip. I should do some BU presses and TGUs as well as some oven mitt swings. Whadaya say Brad?

Okay - it's egg and slaw time. I'm so boring! I eat the same thing for lunch every day. Oh well! Keeps me on track and it's one less thing I have to think about. Plus, the food is about nutrition and fuel, not taste and entertainment. Food is fuel, not fun!

No comments: