Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Monday's Training

Whew! I've been meeting myself coming and going this week. Activities and meetings just keep piling up, and it's only Wednesday!

I did get in a training session Monday, so I need to log it here. I will train again today!

Bent Press - 24 kg (53 lbs.) - 6 x 1 L, R
-These got my blood pumping. I had just had a back off week, so doing these heavy presses felt awesome. My abs are sore again! Love that. Plus, I'm really seeing some great definition in my abs. I'd say I'm up to a four pack. lol
PRE - 7 on both sides

Push Press - 20 kg (44 lbs.) - 3 x 5 L, R
-Don't rant me Brad! (Is that like "Don't taze me Dude"?) I was supposed to do 3 x 6 L, R and I was supposed to do long push presses.
-I need a form check on the long push press. I can't find a groove on those. I feel like an elephant doing ballet. So, I just stick to the regular push press.
-I'm willing to use the 24 kg bell for those Brad if you want to torture me for my disobedience to the plan. ha!
PRE - 7

Pull-ups - Purple Band - 3 x 2 & 2 x 1
-I did these very slowly and focused on engaging my lats at the beginning.
-I also paid very close attention to my shoulders. No shrugging!
-I kept my body fully extended and my neck neutral.
PRE-7

That was all I had time for. The deadlifts will have to wait for another day. Duty called.

I'll post my training log for today later on this evening. Off to grade more papers!

No comments: