Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday's Training

It felt great to get back after my training.

Bent Press - 24 kg - 4 x 2 L, R
-These are getting so much stronger. I felt invincible today.
PRE - 6 on right, 7 on left

Long Push Press - 20 kg - 4 x 3 L, R
-Yeah, I was supposed to use the 24 kg for fewer reps, but that didn't work. After several failed attempts, I switched to the 20 kg.
-Because I used the 20 kg (wimpie!) I made myself squat ass to grass to really work it.
PRE - 8

Pull-ups - Black Band - 4 x 1
-Not so good today. The last four inches were not happening. I should have switched to the purple band, but I was too stubborn.
-I finished with a dozen or so "arm shorteners."

Suitcase Deadlifts (one-handed deadlifts)
105 lbs. x 3 - Right hand
95 lbs. x 5 - Left hand
-Seriously, I am getting soooooo pissy about my left hand grip weakness. I figured it was better to do less weight for more reps on the left than it was to try and fail 3 times with a heavier weight. I need patience, I know.

Another session of ups and downs. I choose to focus on the ups. I know I am stronger than I was last week. Baby steps.

No comments: