Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Whoa Baby

What a workout today! I made it through everything with gas in the tank. I've actually been getting enough sleep this week. Here's what I did:

Arm Bar to TGU - 20 kg (44 lbs.)
2 x 2 L, R
4 x 1 L, R
I did 16 TGUs in all.
That first set of 2 and 2 was a killer. My body needed to get accustomed to that weight. After that, I was strong and steady.
PRE - 8

Snatches - 16 kg (35 lbs.)
7 L, 7 R on the top of the minute for 12 minutes
4 L, 4 R on the top of the minute for 8 minutes
PRE - 9

That was 20 minutes of intense work. This type of snatching is much harder than MV02 at a 15:15 cadence. That's probably because, for one, I use a 12 kg bell for MV02. Second, I work for 15 seconds at a time with MV02 versus 30 seconds for this top of the minute snatching. You'd think once you get to the 4 and 4 that you'd be home free. Wrong.

I kept focused and pushed through it. It felt so amazing when I was done. I love that feeling. It's what keeps me coming back.

3 comments:

Nikki Shlosser said...

VERY nice.

Amy Jurrens said...

Thanks Nikki. Great to see you back blogging!

Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

I like this. I haven't MVO2ed in a few weeks but have been having great sessions nonetheless.