Saturday, March 7, 2009

Oh Crud!

Here is it, March 7, a good four months into winter here in Iowa. I haven't had as much as a sniffle all winter. Everyone at work has had the flu and respiratory viruses. The kids at the elementary schools have been passing strep throat around like a tray of cookies. My kids - healthy. Nothing. Nada.

A few weeks ago, Conner (my son) had a quick bout of throwing up. He never had a temp. He felt fine after 12 hours. Today, my daughter Lauren has that same thing. She is so ticked off. It is so funny how she is literally mad about being sick. She doesn't really want us to baby her. She just wants it gone.

My head has stuffed up. I am living with my head in a pressure chamber. It's not so bad, but I'm being a bit of baby since I haven't been sick in so long. I'm betting that it'll be gone quickly. I am, however, too drained to attempt my deadlifts, military presses, and pullups. I think I'll just rest. That means no training updates for awhile. :-(

Oh well. Probably time for a back off week anyway. I hope all of you are staying healthy. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

Get better!

Amy Jurrens said...

Thanks Sandy. Took a two nap today and went to bed super early last night. It's not getting any worse, so that's a good sign!