Wednesday, July 15, 2009

8:00 meeting. Check.
10:00 massage. Check.
12:00 lunch. Check.
1:00 nap. Check
3:30 training. Check.

I didn't know what to expect with today's training. I had a new drill to try and then heavy swings. The new drill: false grip ring rows.

Okay, people, if you remember, the rings that I have access to are hanging in my basement from the rafters. My grandpa fabricated them 45+ years ago out of steel tubing. They hang 8 ft. from the ground and are not adjustable. I had to figure out a way to support my legs about 4 ft. off the ground AND be able to get my hands in a false grip before lower myself. Ooofda!

I rigged up quite a conglomeration of chairs and totes to accomplish my task. But, accomplish it, I did!

False Grip Ring Rows - 5 x 2
-I definitely feel these in my triceps and lats.

Swings - 24 kg (53 lbs) - Ascending 10, 15, 20, 25
-Three times through
-Do the reps on the top of the minute. Active rest for the remainder of the minute.
-This was only tough on my grip, and only on the sets of 25. I need to do these heavy swings to build up my grip strength for deads and pullups and you name it. Good stuff!

After the heavy snatches on Monday, my knots are back. Grrrrrr! All the snatching I did through the winter to get me to reach 200 - 16 kg (35 lb) snatches in 10 minutes (the Ultimate Snatch Test) took it's toll. I thought I was pain-free. One snatch session and the pain is back. Does this mean I can't snatch for awhile? I'll keep practicing my Z drills and hope I reprogram my CNS to like snatching.

No comments: