Friday, July 17, 2009

Freezing on Friday

I had to check my calendar because it certainly doesn't feel like July in Iowa. It was 49 degrees this morning. Weird!!

Another big training day with my old friend and nemesis. All went well today.

Bent Press - 24 kg (53 lb) - 8 x 1 L, R
-I did these Right, Left, rest 30 secs
RPE - 7

Squats - 24 kg - 4 x 5
Open Palm Windmill - 12 kg - 4 x 5 L, R
-I did the squats then the windmills as a mini-circuit.
-This was my first time doing 24 kg squats. They felt strong. I narrowed my stance a bit and went ATG. After each set my hips were jacked. Crazy!

Snatches - 16 kg (35 lb) - 6 L, R - 12 min.
-This got my HR up. So far I'm not feeling any knots in my neck/delts (as of 10 pm). I will do a good Z session before bed. I'm hoping that I can get my body to stop holding stress in that area. Just keep Z-ing, Z-ing.

I've been wearing my five fingers nonstop all summer. They are making a huge difference in my gait and strength. Last night I took the dog for a walk and decided to try running in my five fingers. I only went 1/2 mile, unsure of how my legs might feel this morning. They were fine. I'll have to go further next time now that I know my legs and feet can handle it. Now I just need to find some five fingers that I can wear to work. I'm going to hate life when I have to go back to wearing shoes.

No comments: