Monday, July 27, 2009

Back to Block A

Jerks!
Get Up!
All negative!
: )

Block A consists of TGUs, double jerks, one-leg deadlifts, presses, and pullup negatives. Today was TGUs and double jerks.

Open Palm TGU - 12 kg - 5 x 3 L, R
-I served up the TGUs waiter style. I don't know when I'll get to actually hold onto the handle of kb when doing TGUs. I suppose when I'm healed and move properly.
-During the first set I was off-balance. I did some Z drills and concentrated on getting my big toe to fire properly. The remaining four sets were balanced.

Double Jerks - 12 kgs - 4 rounds of 5 x 4
-I noticed on the first round that I was drifting to the right about 6 inches.
-On the second round, I concentrated on my big toes. I only drifted an inch or so. My neck/delt knot was flaring up. I canNOT have that!
-On the third and fourth rounds, I kept concentrating on my big toes AND I made sure to hold my neck in the neutral position. Pain eliminated.

So much to think about during this block. I am exhausted mentally more so than physically. Training without pain is hard work. I could have blown through my training while in pain just to get it out of the way, but that would do me no good. In fact, it would set me back.

Lesson to be learned? Slow down. Think. Notice your position. Make sure you are aligned. Do NOT move through pain. Strive for the perfect rep with every rep.

No comments: