Friday, March 26, 2010

Calgon, Take Me Away

I'm done. Toast. Finished. Exhausted in every way possible. The past few days, in fact the past three weeks, have been a whirlwind of shock, anger, disbelief, grief, and just overall stress. I serve on a board of not-for-profit organization that has come under great scrutiny because of the actions of the CEO. Nuff said.

I tried training today after being on the road and in meetings the past several days. Not much tested well - Sumo DL, pushups, pinch block curls.

I started with Sumo. After six minutes and 35 reps, my ROM did not come back. Time to bail.

Then I moved to the pinch block curls. Last time I did 4 sets of 5 on each side. Today, I did two sets of 7 reps and 3 sets of 6 reps on each side. That means I went from 20 reps/side to 32 reps/side. I didn't push myself either. They were just pretty easy.

After the pinch block curls, I was done. No pushups. I need rest. I will wake to train another day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like how you listen to your body. I need to do that more. I have it in my head that I need to work out 6 days a week with kettlebells. Then I wonder why my complexion is so bad!