Friday, March 19, 2010

CAN do

It hit me today, out of the blue. Biofeedback works because it forces you to focus on what you CAN do.

Before I started testing and training using biofeedback, I would get so frustrated when I couldn't do what I wanted or was scheduled to do. I would beat myself up. I thought I was weak, undisciplined, or whatever negative adjective came to mind at the moment.

Now I test, see what I CAN do and do it. When my body says enough, I stop. Plain and simple. I don't stress over not getting in the prescribed number of sets or reps. I take each training session as it comes.

I am a planner, so not having a plan was unnerving for me at first. I've grown accustomed to not having a plan, and I actually like it. I guess a person can be overscheduled.

It's like opening a gift each time I train. I don't know what's in store, but I know it'll be good. Attitude makes a huge difference.

Today's training:

Dbl KB Jerks - two 12 kgs bells - 10 min.
80 reps = 4240 lbs.
-Last time I did double jerks, I did 65 reps in 10 min. I'm happy with that PR.

Sumo DL - 24 kg + 28 kg KB - 12 min.
118 reps = 13,570 lbs.
-That's 200 lbs. more than I moved in 12 min. on Wednesday. Not a huge gain, but the density was higher (9 lbs. more per pull).

No comments: