Monday, March 29, 2010

Different Pathways

Today's training took me down different paths, ones I haven't been down in awhile.

Double KB Press - two 12 kgs (52 lbs.) - 5 min.
24 reps = 1248 lbs.
-I was surprised these tested well, so I went into the session optimistic. After 5 minutes, my ROM would not come back, so I stopped. This will give me a baseline for double presses because I have only been doing singles.

Snatches - 12 kg - 10 minutes
268 reps = 6968 lbs.
-Okay people. This was a walk in the park. I did 100 reps on each side before I set the bell down to rest. I just went at a steady pace, determined to set it down when I felt tension. I did 10 reps per arm then I'd switch.
-At the 5 minute mark, I had 160 reps.
-My spot on the SSST board has me at 274 reps (if I remember correctly). I did that a year ago and I worked hard to get those 274. Today, 268 was easy. Why did I ever make it hard?

I finished with a PR on pinch block curls. On Friday I did 32 reps on each side. Today I did 38 reps on each side. I could have done more, but I ran out of time. Run, Run, Run.

No comments: