Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Oh How Quickly We Forget

I've had several calm weeks devoid of outside stressors. I've done more of what I want and less of what I don't want to do.

Then today - BLAM!!! WHAM!!! KAPOW!!!


How quickly I had forgotten the devastating effects of stress. I'm wondering how I fumbled through March, April, and May in a constant state of stress. You do what you have to in order to survive, I guess.

My training today was pretty much a no-go. Nothing tested well. I was a bundle of tension. I started by doing some frogstands and head stands to turn things upside-down. That helped tremendously.

Then I attempted 1 Arm 1 Leg Deadlifts, but terminated after three minutes because my ROM was not returning.

Finally, I did 7 minutes of walking 1 arm swingswith a 24 kg KB , transferring hands every rep. That was fun and kept my mind distracted. I went 90 yards. This will be a baseline for me.

I started a new client tonight at my bootcamp session. She is my first female to take the biofeedback plunge! Welcome to the club!

No comments: